5.15.2009

God is AWESOME!!!

Hi Everybody!

Cambria thought that this testiminy would be good to share. I want to let you know how God has been working in my life this week.

I have been very discouraged and stressed because I haven't been getting much financial support from the people I contacted (friends & family). On Wednesday night , I went to hear my friend Sara give her testimony ( she was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years age and God healed her). Sara claimed that it was only when she truly believed that God would heal her, and she told God that this was what she wanted, and let Him know that He would do it, that everything changed for her - that's when her treatment plan and recovery came about.

Well, I decided that God was speaking to me Wednesday night, as well, telling me what I needed to do, so I spoke with God and told Him that I knew that He wanted me to go to the DR, and that He wanted my fundraising event to be a success, and that in His name, I was asking this of Him.

When I got back home, a friend of mine called me about the fundraiser and asked me what she could do for me....I told her that she could bring everyone she knew. She did one better...she emailed everyone on the email list and told them they had 1 of 2 options - to come to the fundraiser, or donate $$.

Yesterday, I had $60.00 come in. Also yesterday, the head of the church's missions called my husband and asked him how much money I needed. All I had to do was get out of God's way. He wanted me to totally trust that He would do this for me, and needed me to give over all of my worrying to Him! (You would think that I would have learned this lesson by now :) )

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself! May God bless you all!

4 comments:

Cambria said...

Thank you for sharing this. I hope Laurieann's example helps inspire many of you :)

Blessings,
Cambria

~Alli~ said...

That's awesome!! I had a similar experience with the support raising. My roommate was really encouraging--"Don't worry about it. Just pray and God will take care of it." But it was funny to see her pleasant surprise when it actually happened. She told me that she was encouraging me, but must not have really believed it herself. But God is good, Amen?

Anonymous said...

that's sweet! that's really encouraging!

rachel.kusmer said...

That's such a good reminder. I want to start praying that God will send me financial support for the trip.