Hello Everyone :)
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. My husband and I were very busy yesterday as we made it too see both our mothers and the grandmas. It was a wonderful Sunday :)
Corinne had brought up a question regarding cell phone usage in the DR this summer. I wanted to check with the field because they will no more pertaining to this. Vic's response was that you can all bring them; however, probably only about half of yours will work for various reasons. It is up to you if you would like to still bring these along this summer. You would obviously need to upgrade to international service for the 6 weeks that you are there.
He did mention that you do not need them - phones are available for use there - and they will discourage frequent calls; however, they are convenient to keep in touch.
In addition, there is a new internet/phone serve which some of you may have heard about called Skype. It is an online connection that allows you to have conversations with people all around the world. You and your family/friends that you would need to communicate with while on the field can download this program for free and then communicate to each other as much as you want for no cost. As long as you are going from one Skype user to another, there is no fee, no matter where you are in the world. If you have a laptop with a built in microphone, you can talk directly to your computer, or if not, you will need to purchase a headphone/mic set for about $10.00. Just thought that I would let you know about this new program if you haven't heard about it yet and if you have any questions about getting this program, please feel free to ask.
It is up to all of you if you would like to bring a cell phone or use Skype this summer, but I wanted to give you this little update. I will be touching base with each of you this week to discuss potential flight itineraries for your travel to and from the DR. Thank you all and have a wonderful Monday!
Blessings,
Cambria
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you, Cambria for looking into this! I appreciate it:)
See you all so soon!
blessings,
Corinne
Post a Comment