5.05.2009

The Dominican Republic and Mosquito Nets

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great start to a new week :)

I wanted to talk about a few things on this blog posting. First of all, some of you got back to me on last week's "challenge." I would love to hear from the rest of you as to how growing your support address list went as well as see how your phone calls to your potential supporters went. I know this seems like a lot of additional work right now, but it really is for your benefit so that you can raise all the necessary funds for this summer's trip.

Secondly, Laurieann brought up a good question about mosquito nets in the DR. I talked with the field to see what their thoughts were as well as to see what types of screens are on all the different houses that you all will be staying in this summer and they mentioned bringing a mosquito net if possible and easy to carry. Some of the houses have window screens, but not all of them. The mosquito nets will protect you at night from being bit, as well as help you get a good night sleep :) They also do have nets for sale in town for $5.00 that you can purchase after you arrive. Not all missionaries use them, but they are available if you would prefer.

Hope you all have a wonderful week and I should have support updates out no later than Friday, with a possibly mid-week update again this week.

Blessings,
Cambria

No comments: