5.28.2009

Hey guys,
     How are all?  I'm getting so excited about this trip!  Are you guys doing anything big before you head to Dominican?  So...I'm a little confused...who all is going to be in Caraballo?  I'm basically at home till I go, trying to figure out how to earn money, but so far that's not working out too well.  I get my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow afternoon, and I'm a little scared....  So for those of you who don't go to Wheaton, what schools do you go to?  What are you guys majoring in?  Jen, I don't actually know what your major is either.  I'm a music major in violin with a minor in sociology and anthropology.  Have you guys been on mission trips before?  This is my first trip out of the country.
     I wanted to know if any of you guys--including any of the full time workers for Kids Alive--if you have any prayer requests, whether or not they have to do with our trip.  If you could pray for my parents I would really appreciate it, as well as for God to provide a way for me to earn money this summer if that's important.  Thanks guys!
In Christ,
Rachel

1 comment:

Corinne Gettel said...

Rachel, it's so nice hearing from you! I can't believe we'll all be meeting each other SO soon!!! I am getting excited as well. To answer some of your questions, I am going to be a junior at Hope College in Holland, MI. I am majoring in special education...so far so good! I have been on a few mission trips before, but none this long...so I know it will be challenging but also that much more fulfilling and AMAZING!

I hope your recovering well from having your wisdom teeth pulled. And I hope you've been able to enjoy a milkshake or two during your recovery :)

See you very soon...I'll be praying that the Lord provides you with opportunities to make some money...take heart!

-Corinne


P.S. WELCOME Kristy!!!